Warehouse Management Systems
- E'wms® 6
Egemin Automation supplies advanced material handling automation solutions that allow for fully automatic settlement of the internal transport (AGV systems, in-floor chain conveyors, conveyor systems), storage (AS/RS, automatic warehouses) and order picking in warehouses, distribution centres and production plants.
Egemin’s Warehouse Management System (E’wms®) is our advanced software application to manage inventory, orders, locations and transport flows in warehouses and distribution environments. It constitutes the perfect link between your logistics environment and the equipment available. E’wms® is a mature and flexible solution for increasing productivity and inventory accuracy in your warehouse or distribution center.
E’wms® is available as an integrated application suite, but can also be configured providing only the required layers and features. It is suitable for stand-alone operations or for a seamless integration within your existing administrative systems.
E’wms® - Warehouse Management Software
The E’wms® layer consists of two main modules:
- Inventory management module
- Order management module
The inventory management module manages the stock in the warehouse according to the material flow direction:
- Incoming (reception) Products are stored and linked to the carrier (or compartment). The default warehouse destination is determined based on the various product attributes (owner, lot, quality, abc qualification). Based on various location search algorithms the optimal warehouse position is assigned to the carrier.
- Cross-docking Products of a specific customer are moved from reception directly to dispatch
- Outgoing (delivery) Available inventory in the warehouse is allocated to certain order lines based on enhanced allocation algorithms, for example:
- least remaining stock per carrier
- FIFO (First in First Out) / FEFO (First Expired First Out)
- capacity distribution & optimization Orders can also be automatically reallocated to another carrier in case of unexpected product shortages.
The order management module assigns product orders to warehouse infrastructure such as order picking stations, or docking lanes, based on required criteria (order priority, order due out time, order reception time, etc.). E’wms® supports various order picking concepts like single order picking, batch picking and cluster picking. Furthermore, optimization algorithms can be implemented for these concepts to fine-tune the product flows.
Core features from reception to delivery
- Receiving & inventory management: inbound flow of products in warehouse
- Replenishment of (dynamic) picking zones
- Inventory allocation: assign stock to orders
- Order assignment: assign orders to resources or work stations
- Load balancing and control of picking stations and/or order picking resources
- Consolidation and dispatch labeling
E’wcs - Warehouse Control Software
Egemin’s warehouse control system (E’wcs) is a control system that integrates all automated warehouse equipment in your warehouse into an efficient transport system. It ensures an optimal usage of the transport means and storage methods and avoids overload problems as much as possible. E’wcs consists of two main modules.
- Location management module
- Transport management module
E’wcs visualization can be added when required.
The location management module manages the current locations of your carriers (pallets, totes, bins, trays, boxes), but not the load stored on it which is done by the inventory management module of E’wms®. The products are assigned to a storage location in the warehouse based on a unique fivedimensional coordinate system. This coordinate system supports location management within different types of storage throughout the warehouse: single deep / double / multideep, carrier-size dependent positions, single or multiwarehousing operations.
The transport management module defines how goods are moved between the various zone in your warehouse, e.g. from storage to working zone or vice verse. Individual movements of carriers are realized through transport orders which consists of a number of subtransports, each executed by an individual transport means. The transport management module controls several transport managers, which in turn control the transport means:
- E’car® for stacker cranes / transfer cars
- E’con for conveyors
- E’tricc® for AGVs
- E’tis® for in-floor chain conveyors
Core features of E’wcs
- Flow control of individual carriers and management of open transport orders.
- Management of warehouse locations
- Equal supply of carriers to working stations to avoid saturation and to provide a balanced workload
Supported storage methods
E’wcs is compatible with standard storage methods such as pallet racks, miniloads, block storage or drive-in racks. It also supports more complex methods like satellite storage, double deep storage, flow racks and paternoster systems.
A wealth of benefits...
- Fully compatible with multi-warehousing
- Designed for both automatic and manual warehousing
- Intuitive and user-friendly user interface
- Modular software for quick project configuration & fast time-to-market
- Integration in one system controlled by Egemin (sorters, conveyors, E’gvs, control software, tracking & tracing)
- Seamless integration with all common ERP software (Microsoft® Dynamics AX, SAP, Baan, JD Edwards) specific client IT platforms and Business Management Systems
- Modern client server application architecture (Microsoft® technology / SQL Server® database)
- Egemin automates for Yamazaki Mazak (25.04.2013)
- Alcon Belgium orders warehouse & order picking system (24.10.2012)
- Agristo and Egemin build highest warehouse ever (15.02.2012)
- Unilin orders new range of Egemin AGVs (07.02.2012)
- Automatic warehouse for Sea-Invest (11.08.2011)
- First order for Egemin Automation in Israel (13.07.2011)
- Handling Automation (08.07.2011)
- Egemin opens Chinese offices (04.11.2010)
- Jo Janssens new COO (01.10.2010)
- Large Greek order for in-floor chain conveyor system (14.06.2010)
Location and contact information
Mr. Herbert Kennis
Product Manager WDSherbert.email@example.com
Telephone: +32 3 641 13 21
Fax: +32 3 641 23 21